Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Tuedays Trivia

Why do I feel guilty so much? Here I am sitting at the computer and DH comes in with a basket of folding. I feel guilty about it. Why should I? He spends hours on the computer every day but he says it is earning our income. Why can't I feel that I can sit for ages here......................

I have cut heaps of roses this morning. The first time in ages and ages I have had them inside the house. Last year I did nothing with them. This year I have fed them blood and bone and cow manure, pruned them right back and I have been rewarded with some of the most beautiful blooms I have had for a few years. The best one seems to be the one my Brother and Sister in Law gave me after Dad died. A sort of 'Thank you' for the care I/ we gave him. Next to it is a beautiful purple one called 'Passion Purple' (I think). It is flowering well. My Iceburg doesn't seem to be doing well at all. I am not sure what the problem is but the ground is reasonably damp to wet most of the time. I might transplant it next June when it is safer to do so. I also have a blood red Gladdie out. The first Gladdie to flower for the same reasons as the roses............ This Gladdie flowered while Dad and I were in Sydney in Nov. 2002 for his Radiotherapy. Hasn't flowered since.

Our friend, George, is having a rough time at the moment with kidney stones. He has been in and out of the hospital since Saturday night. I hope he gets rid of them soon. The pain from those little buggers is phenominal.

I am about to hang some things on the line, then I will make sure some ironing is done and out of the way so I can scrap this afternoon. I haven't scrapped for a couple of weeks.

Looking forward to seeing my big son and his beautiful girl from China in a couple of weeks time. Janets Mum will be out in Auistralia on a work trip so we will be able to meet her too.

I'll be off.

1 comment:

Jeepie said...

Hi Jen,
All my roses are getting eaten by wallabies at the moment. They love the new shoots! We plant a rose each time someone or an animal passes away.