Thursday, April 05, 2007

I Have Wonderful Kids!!

Tuesday and Wednesday saw the Combined High Schools Rowing Regatta and my two youngest kids were right in there !!

The regatta was my daughters first major one and my son's third CHS.

Oliver was the medalist for the family, winning Silver in the U17 Mens Quad and Bronze in the U17 mens Double. The weather was really against him in the single and Elizabeth in her race (U15 Womens Quad). She rowed down to the start line in fine weather and rowed home after the wind, rain and chop had picked up. It was really tough going for all the kids who raced in that session of bad weather, especially as they were rowing INTO the wind. There were times when it looked as though the kids were paddling and getting no-where. Added to that, one of the girls began coughing not long into the race and was unable to breathe properly...... Tis the way it goes and they had a good time, anyway....which, to me, is still the main thing.

We arrived home around 4-4.30 and Oliver slept on the lounge from then until about 7 this morning. I think he was tired.....

I am SO PROUD of my kids and the whole High School team. They rowed well in every event, congratulated team members of other teams whether winners or not.

WELL DONE KIDS !! Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments: